Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme for Minorities, alongside the Pre and Post-Matric scholarship scheme, is the lead programmer of the Service of Minority Undertakings (MOMA). As a general rule, a great deal of commendable and scholastically splendid students pass up schooling because of monetary imperatives. This further prompts inconsistent business amazing open doors for these students. The goal of the Merit cum-Means Scholarship for Minorities is to help the wards of families have a place with minority Communities. The Government of India tells Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis) and Jains as minority Communities and subsequently, Students who belong to any of these communities are eligible to avail of the benefits of this MOMA scholarship.
The Merit cum-Means Scholarship scheme gives monetary help to the worthy and unfortunate students having a place with the minority communities for concentrating on expert and specialized courses at the alumni or postgraduate level. By giving monetary help to the kids having a place with the minority communities to proceed with their examinations, a splendid future is gotten for them.
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme – Benefits
A total of 60,000 fresh scholarships are given under the Merit cum-Means scholarship Scheme yearly, and the students can renew them till the completion of their course. The scholarships are accommodated the whole course or academic year. A list of 85 ‘Reputed Premier Institutes’ are covered under the Merit cum-Means scholarship scheme.
The students studying in the Reputed Premier Institutes are eligible for a full course fee reimbursement during an academic year as a scholarship. Likewise, the upkeep stipend is additionally given as a decent singular amount sum for a scholastic year. The subtleties of the grant sum are as per the following:
Awards under Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme
- Rate of scholarship course fee- Rs.20,000 per annum dependent upon actuals, whichever is less.
- Maintenance allowance- Rs.1,000 each month for hosteller and Rs.500 each month for day researcher for a very long time in a scholastic year.
- Scholarship for listed Reputed Premier Institutes – Reimbursement of the full course charge for 85 Reputed Premier Institutes.
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme – Eligibility Criteria
This scholarship is for supporting higher education among students having a place in minority communities. To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidates should satisfy the eligibility criteria below:
- Students belonging to families of Sikhs, Muslims, Buddhists, Christians, Zoroastrians (Parsis) and Jains, informed as minority communities are eligible for this scheme.
- The scholarships are awarded to the students who have gotten more than 50% marks or comparable grades in the previous final examination.
- The annual income of the guardians or parents of the students from all sources shouldn’t exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
- The students should be pursuing studies in India in a recognized private or government university, college, institute, or school.
- The seeking after the course should be of the least one-year term.
Document Required for the Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme
The candidates need to outfit a specific arrangement of documents for the authorities to confirm the details given in the application form. Here is the list of important documents:
- Domicile certificate for the respective state
- Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the student.
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Income certificate issued by assigned state/UT authority
- Proof of Bank account for the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
- A photograph of the student
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme – Application Procedure
Very much like other MOMA scholarships, students can apply for Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme for Minorities through the National Scholarship Portal or the NSP. The NSP is a one-stop portal for different Government scholarships. Students can get access to countless halfway and state-supported awards at the portal. Different elements like grant data, application, receipt, authorization and disbursal make NSP an alluring suggestion. NSP subsequently offers a worked-on process for understudies with regard to grants.
Step 1#: One can follow the below steps to apply for the Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Minorities using NSP:
Step 2#: The candidate is first required to visit the official site of the NSP.
Step 3#: One then, at that point, need to register as a new user by giving the required details.
Step 4#: Provide domicile, name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID and select the scholarship to apply.
Step 5#: Finishing this step will generate an OTP. Use this OTP to check the mobile number.
Step 6#: Use the OTP got on the registered mobile to sign in on NSP and fill out the form.
Step 7#: This will generate an application ID and password that can be utilized for future reference.
Step 8#: In any case, one should take note that no progressions in the application are conceivable after the submission of the application.
Scope of the Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme
The scholarships are awarded to students studying in India in a private or government institution notified and selected straightforwardly by the concerned State Government or Association Region Organization. It covers proficient and specialized courses at the undergrad and postgraduate levels.
What is the merit cum means scholarship?
The target of the scheme is to give financial help to minority students to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
What is the amount of merit scholarship?
The scholarship is Rs. 12000/ – per annum from first April 2017 (prior it was Rs. 6000/ – per annum). The Cabinet has approved the continuation of the scheme from FY 2021-22 to FY 2025-26 with an absolute portion of Rs